Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 31st, 2010 - Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone!  Hopefully everyone is getting a lot of treats and not any tricks tonight.  It does not really feel like Halloween here.  There are no decorated houses.  No Halloween parties (well, there was one but I don’t think anyone went).  No excited kids in their costumes knocking on the door.  It’s not like we normally go out of the way for Halloween, but it’s enjoyable to sit with my wife on the porch and hand out treats to all the kids in the neighborhood.  Granted this is probably the least important holiday I’ll be missing, but the fact that I am missing it still sucks.

Another thing that I’m missing is football.  I had been waiting for this year.  My wife has become a huge Colts fan.  We finally moved off the season ticket waiting list and had tickets.  The Colts were going to get back and win the Super Bowl.  Unfortunately, it didn’t pan out that way.

I have hardly had the chance to watch any football this year.  I was able to watch the first game of the season since I was home on pass for it.  Since that game all that I’ve been able to watch was a single half of football a few weeks ago.  The time difference between home and here is just a killer.  The early 1pm games don’t come on until around 9:30am  and next week, if my math is correct, that will move to 10:30pm.  The 4:15 game comes on around 2am here, and the late games are on at like 5am.  

To rub salt on the wound, the Colts have been playing almost entirely the later games and that means that I can’t stay up late to watch them.  If I do want to catch a game it’s going to be in the middle of the night and that means that I’ll be short on sleep the next day.

The game tomorrow is Monday Night Football (here it’s Tuesday Morning Football).  I want to watch the game, so with the 5am kickoff, I’ll be getting up at 4:30am or so to watch as much as I can before the day starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment