Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 2

Paperwork, the Army has a never ending stream of the stuff. It never seems to end. Its nearly indescribable the amount that you have to fill out. Everything needs signed and filled out completely. One good thing is that our full personnel file is no longer actually even in a folder. It's all electronic.

The conversation to the electronic personnel file in my humble opinion has bee a good move. I now can easily look at my entire file. I can look back and pull documents that were made 10 years ago. Even with the nifty electronic packets, we still have to manually fill like every form like we have been doing for years.

Filling out forms and other paperwork has been on of the trademarks of these last two days. I should have kept track of the number of times that I've signed something yesterday and today. I think that the total number would probably surpass the number of signatures for our mortgage.

I guess with all this paperwork it explains why we now have three pen pockets on the sleeve of our uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment