Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 11.5 - Some Pictures

Just want to upload some pictures, since I haven't had a chance to put any on yet.

This is me standing next to a MaxxPro MRAP.  It's not the excact same vehicle that we'll have when we get to Afghanistan, but it's similar.  They are basically a rolling armored semi truck.  They are designed to withstand IED's or other explosives.  They weight a lot, something like 52,000 pounds.   
This is one of our SECFOR (Security Force Soldiers) sewing some rank on my hat.  He wouldn't take payment, so I gave him some PowerAde, since I felt bad for him doing it for nothing.

Remember the other day when I talked about the guys eating all the eggs?  Well, this was the day after that post.  You can see the guy is eating 10 hard boiled eggs with his salad.  He doesn't eat the yolks though.




1 comment:

  1. Sign me up for the sewing and egg hunks! If they need a pen pal, I'd be happy to help a soldier in need! ;)

    ReplyDelete