Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 12 - Keyboard...finally!

Ahhh, so much better! My package finally arrived and I now have my bluetooth keyboard and a headset. I've typed every post so far directly on the iPad screen, and that takes a lot longer than just ripping a post out with a keyboard. Now I can actually touch type and not have to look at the virtual keyboard to see where exactly I'm typing.

I also have my headset, so that means that I can try to use Skype and have a little less background noise than I would get using the built in mic on the laptop. I did a Skype to Skype call with my wife tonight and it was absurd how much better the audio quality was. It's really sad how poor cell phone quality is with all the compression and static.

Today was a remotely busy day. We had two blocks of instruction and then I spent a bunch of time trying to catch up on some work.

My small pox vaccine site was still bothering me today, but it wasn't hurting as intensely as it had been the previous few. Some of the other guys sites are starting to form a scab...so that's a good sign, on a two weeks or so, and this will be over.

My iPod battery has been dying the last few weeks sooner than normal. The thing was 4 years old and it was probably time to get a new one. I normally would just go out and get one but I actually didn't this time.

Granted I still have an old music only iPod along with my iPhone, but I have more music than what will fit on my old 16gb iphone. I am definitely going to be getting a new phone when I return, so that meant that it made zero sense to get an iPod touch, since that is basically a no phone iPhone. I was really torn with the new iPod's being announced yesterday....

The good thing was that I ordered a new battery earlier in the week and that battery showed up today. The battery inside the iPod is not "user replaceable" but you can do it. The battery kit was only $15 and included the tools necessary to open the case. The whole procedure took about 15 minutes and was only moderately difficult. I was a little nervous when I turned the thing on for the first time but there was absolutely zero issues.

Today the food was bad in the chow hall. Breakfast was bleh. Lunch was chili dogs which were ok. Dinner was disgusting. I thought I was getting lasagna and it was eggplant lasagna. Usually I like eggplant, but this was slimy and gross. Awful awful awful food...

Ok, until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed talking with you tonight. Looking forward to Thursday.

    ReplyDelete