Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 11 - "Convoy"

I think that music will be an essential part of this site, so I'll keep up with a song or an artist of the day. Today was C. W. McCall's "Convoy". It was a semi barracks hit with 4 or 5 people singing along.

All day long, I kept feeling Sam (my small pox vaccine pustule) leaking down my arm. I was dreading taking my blouse off and looking at the mess. The strange was that when I took everything off there wasn't a mess. I was talking to some other guys about it and they were feeling the same thing. The best guess was that it was our lymphatic system doing it's thing on the site, and what we felt was the fluid moving. Yeah, really gross, but at least I didn't post pictures.

The food the last few days have been awful. I've hardly been eating. We had such high hopes for tonight too, since it was "steak" night. The steaks turned out to be Salisbury steak, which was a definitive bait and switch. I canteen bring myself to eat the darn salad bar any more.

I gave a presentation tonight to the unit. It was originally going to be an hour ling, and I had over 60 slides, but yesterday I was told that I would have about 30 minutes. I ended up pulling out a lot of information, as well as condensing a big portion of the brief. I think the presentation was ok, but I ended up having to really plow through everything in the interest of time.

My package that I mentioned yesterday....it still isn't here.

I did a lot of packing today. Its crazy. How much we have to bring. I have a ruck sack, an assault pack (back pack), two duffel bags, and a large plastic tote container. Total weight of everything is over 250 lbs. I'm also thinking about mailing some of my stuff to myself, like my hygiene supplies. Supplies are tight there and there is limited choices in products, so mailing a bunch to myself would make things easier.

Tomorrow is going to be a fairly long day, so I better get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment