Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sept 21, 2010 - Convection Oven

Still in Kuwait, not much to update on.  I've already talked about how hot it is here.  Today there was even a breeze, but the breeze brings no relief from the heat.  I think that the breeze actually does the opposite of the winter winch chill, by making it feel hotter.  It's crazy to think that it is probably 20 degrees off of the summer highs here, so maybe the 109 isn't *that* bad.

My wife asked me how I'm passing the time and the simple answer is slowly.  So far I've gotten into a routine of sleep, eat, movies, and music.  That's about it for activity.  It's too hot to leave the A/C of the tent during the day, with the exception of the 150 foot walk to the latrines (bathroom).

My movies have been a little savior for everyone in my group.  I brought perhaps 200 movies with me, and everyone has eagerly been devouring them up to help relieve the boredom. 

I really want to read some of the books that are on my iPad, but I'm not sure if the adapter is 220v compatible.  The power in the tent is 220, so I'm afraid of frying it if I use it.  Ok, I just Googled it and it turns out that the charge is compatible!  Yes, that means that I can continue reading my book.

That's about it today, time to head back to the tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment