Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 28 - Kuwait

Ok, please excuse my count, it may be off right now.  I've lost all sense of time after spending 36 hours traveling around the world. 

I'm in Kuwait right now, where it is 10:41am, and it's like 3:41am back home. 

We got in yesterday evening where it took the better part of the evening getting everything squared away and making it finally to our temporary housing.  We are in a 16 person tent, thankfully it's air conditioned since it's hot outside. 

After we finally got in, I made it to a phone to call my wife and let her know that I made it here.  After that I decided to get some food since it had been over a day since my last real meal.  I ate at KFC where it tasted just like KFC.  The only difference was that the soda was little cans like Red Bulls and all the writing was in Arabic.  So strange...

When I finally got to my bed I had trouble sleeping since I'm a little jet lagged.

I finally fell asleep and woke up to a thud.  No, we weren't attacked or anything, the guy in the bunk above me fell out of the top bunk.  That was a 5 foot drop onto concrete.  Luckily he is ok, because that would have been a helluva note to make it all the way here and go down with an injury by falling out of bed. 

This morning, I woke up and did some hygiene and realized it was hot.  Hot is an understatement its &**% hot outside.  We did a roll call and now I'm sitting in the USO.  We have some time to burn since it may be a few days until we can get a flight out of here to Afghanistan. 

It's strange to think that I'm in Kuwait, in the Middle East, in Asia.  That makes 3 continents in less than 24 hours. 

The base that I'm at seems to just be a hub for shipping people all over everywhere.  Our little are where we are confined is probably about a 1/2 mile by a 1/2 mile. 

I'll try to post some pictures sometime, but for now my time is about up at the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment